Sunday, July 1, 2012

Land Raider Ares, completed!


Man, I really can't quantify just how proud I am of this model. There have been a couple of "OOPS!" on the way which I've had to work around - never hobby while you're tired, people! But those are lessons to keep in mind for the future.

I finished the model in pretty much the same was that I finish every Dark Angels tank that I own.  The largest challenges in post paint assembly were the sponsons - they just didn't want to stay in place with super glue.  Some VERY carefully applied two part epoxy did the trick.  I also attached the siege shield to the body with epoxy.  It was a bit of a fudge and I applied a little too much, but unless you turn the model upside down you'd never see it so I'm happy with that.

I hope you've enjoyed following this WIP.  There will be others soon, as I have three Vindicators to work on.  No in depth analysis of every cut and glue, but you'll see some pictures of them after they're painted.

I have one more Land Raider to work on, which will be in Deathwing colours.  I also have two Forgeworld Dreadnoughts which will be painted at the same time.  It will be interesting to learn about how well Deneb Stone goes through an airbrush.

Until then, battle brothers - here's a slideshow of the finished piece.

3 comments:

  1. A top conversion finished off with a perfect paint job. Well done bloke.

    ReplyDelete