Saturday, December 29, 2012

IC Podcast hobby challenge. January part 1


The secret word for the day, Zappa fans is TIDDYSPRINKLES

Got my act together today and de-fuzzed all of the Ravenwing I currently have pending - the January and (possibly, depending on the codex) February goals.  I also made sure to check all of the bolter barrels, drill out the ones I missed and of course drill out the tailpipes.  Thanks Nick!

I put away the current projects and all of their associated paints and arranged most of the paints I'll need over the next couple of weeks.  Maybe even months - when I buy the heavy speeder and flyers I may just carry on with the paint scheme since it'll be fresh in my head.  Or I may do something else if I feel my mental hinges bending.

My companions for the forseeable future.

As I said before they're basecoated through an airbrush with Tamiya's NATO black.   Over the basecoat I'll start doing the metals and reds, then re-touching the black where there are oops.  There are always oops. At this time I can't for the LIFE of me remember if I did the edge highlighting before or after the wash. I will have to go to the store and bring home some bikes for reference.  I keep my Ravenwing in a locked display case at my FLGS. Pictures coming as they're ready for and after the wash so you can see how the Badab Black works going through an airbrush.  I may have to change that out given that Badab Black is NLA, I don't have a lot of it and I haven't tried Nuln Oil yet - I don't know how it behaves when thinned 50% through an airbrush.

The... patients? I guess I'll need ANOTHER of these trays soon... :-/
After that I'll start by painting the fairings - I base them in P3's Frost Bite as it's a very light base with high pigment.  I then do a wash with Asurmen Blue into the recesses of the feathers.  On top of that goes an overbrush of P3 Menoth White Highlight.  That's pretty much what I will do for the fairings.  Pictures as the action happens people.  And I mean in regard to the painting of Ravenwing.  Not any other kind of action. Boom chicka bow-wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment